Superannuation is designed to ensure that you have an adequate income source during your retirement. In simpler terms, it is savings for retirement. What a lot of people don’t know, is that it is a very tax-effective ownership structure for holding your assets.
The fund grows as your employer and yourself make contributions into your superannuation. It is required by law that your employer pays 9.5% of your salary into your superannuation account. This is known as the Super Guarantee. You also have the option to make voluntary contributions to your super.
For many Australians, their superannuation could be the most worthwhile investment they make during their lifetime.
How can we help?
Some of the common issues we help our clients with include:
- How much are you currently living on?
- Will you have enough to maintain the same level of lifestyle in retirement?
- How much can you afford to put away?
- How much are you allowed to put away?
- How much tax will you save?
- Is your fund appropriate to you and your needs?
- Do the investments within your super fund match with your tolerance for investment volatility?